With a thriving arts community, and stunning views of Lake Michigan, Milwaukee is a medium-sized city located in the state of Wisconsin (WI). Milwaukee is also known for its lively summer festivals, Harley-Davidson motorbikes and local beer.
With riverfront redevelopments and popular riverwalks along the beautiful Milwaukee River, downtown Milwaukee contains an attractive mixture of handsome old buildings and gleaming, modern glass structures. Milwaukee has a rich German heritage and was settled by Germans in the mid-19th century, with a strong German character being present in much of Milwaukee's historic architecture.
Milwaukee enjoys a moderate climate with four seasons. Summers are warm and pleasant, spring and autumn weather is usually mild and sunny, while winters are fairly cold with heavy snowfalls. Average temperatures in October range from 50-60 degrees.
More Milwaukee Information / Fast Facts and Orientation -
- Area: approximately 96 square miles / 249 square kilometers
- Population: approximately 598,000
- Language: American English
- Currency: US Dollar (USD)
- World time zones: GMT - 6 hours Central Standard Time (daylight saving time is observed)
- Country dialing code: +1
- Telephone area code: 414
- Religion: various religions
- Average daily Milwaukee January temperature: -3°C / 27°F
- Average daily Milwaukee July temperature: 27°C / 81°F